Receive discounts on GVI programs for life!

We are very excited to announce the launch of the GVI Membership! It will give you unprecedented access to discounted spots on a range of GVI programs, updated every single month, at up to 40% off! Sign in and know more about here!

GVI Marine Training kit

Please click here to access the online GVI Marine training kit

If you are coming for four weeks click
here to find the training tool that will help you learning your juvenile fish!

Study on the go! Click here for a Caribbean fish id guide application for iphones, ipads and ipods!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interview to Chloe Juyon, one of our Dive Master Interns!

Chloe came from France to spend 6 months doing her Marine conservation traning and Dive Master Internship in Mexico. She finished the first part in Pez Maya and is currently doing her Dive Master training in XTC a dive shop in Xcalak. She has been writing a blog about her experience there, so if you want to know more about it just click here!

We interviewed Chloe before going to Xcalak and here is what she says.

  • Why did you apply to the Internship?
I applied in order to gain some training and experience working in the dive environment. My professional goal is be to become an underwater photographer and for this you need to be a really good diver. Consequently, taking people in dives and working in a dive shop for a bit would give me the experience I am looking for. Moreover, I get to learn about the scientific aspect of the marine life in the second largest reef system in the world! And get to practice my Spanish and learn about a new culture and great lifestyle!

  • How did you find out about the placement?
I was looking for a way to gain some dive training and experience as well as some scientific training. I was recommended to join a blog after diving in Egypt and while browsing one diver had posted her experience doing the same internship in the Seychelles. I read her diary and then went on the GVI website to read more about it.

  • What have you gotten out of it?
I got the training I was hoping for. I am also learning a lot about myself/my character living with 30 people on base 24/7. It's a really good experience! I'm also getting a lot out of the science part. It makes me also think on how I can apply it to my day to day living and actions. I wish I had a bit more time to actually read/learn more about oceanography! :)

  • How do you make the difference?



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: