Receive discounts on GVI programs for life!

We are very excited to announce the launch of the GVI Membership! It will give you unprecedented access to discounted spots on a range of GVI programs, updated every single month, at up to 40% off! Sign in and know more about here!

GVI Marine Training kit

Please click here to access the online GVI Marine training kit

If you are coming for four weeks click
here to find the training tool that will help you learning your juvenile fish!

Study on the go! Click here for a Caribbean fish id guide application for iphones, ipads and ipods!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Natalie shares with you her incredible week on the GVI Childcare Program

Voice from the field,  May 31, 2013 - Natalie


Hello my name is Natalie, I'm a GVI volunteer in the Childcare program at the Ludoteca. I am in my second week.
Each day can be so different here. One particular day began at 2:50am to attend an ancient Mayan  canoe offering ceremony in Xel-Ha. 

It was a 2 hour round trip by bus which was only made possible thanks to GVI arranging free tickets! Once home, I had breakfast and headed off to my Spanish lesson for the morning where I've met lots of people from all over the world. After lunch, myself and another volunteer (now friend) went to book our day trip to Chicen Itza ruins (one of the seven wonders of the world).
Then last but no means least, we went to the Ludoteca to volunteer with the amazing niños (children) for the afternoon: which even from the day we already had, no one could resist. This is also where the niños introduced me to chilli mix sprinkled onto fruit...yum.

Around 9:30pm after dinner, I fell into bed exhausted, but a wonderful exhaustion.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: